Allopurinol Patient Testimonies: Arthritis Drugs - Is the Cure Worse Than the Disease?
Copyright 2005 Wendy Owen Research is always ongoing into new and better medications for arthritis which is a very good thing. But where is may leading us?
- Long term use of these can produce sleep problems, weight gain, osteoporosis and loss of defenses.
- Also available to those for who nothing else seems to work are usually Biologic Response Modifiers Biologics).
- Biologics are derived from live options, plants and animals and are not manufactured chemically.
- They are mainly used for sufferers of Rheumatoid Arthritis and are given intravenously or by injection.
- They can not be used tablet form.
- Reheat the mixture if you need to and repeat.
- Remember not to use boiling water.
- And test the temperatures before you put your foot in.
- Some milder cases of arthritis never make it into the doctor's surgery.
- Indeed the sufferer might not even be aware that they are suffering from arthritis at all.
- They may be feeling a few aches and pains" which they put down to later years or even the cold damp weather.
Bony enlargements and osteophyte formation Crepitus (crackling, grinding noise with movement) Joint effusion (swelling) Diagnosis
Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Swelling and Relieve Gout Pain
You use this as a soak. Simply make up a mixture in the ratio of 1/2 cup of vinegar to 3 cups of hot water. If you need more, then use 1 cup vinegar to 6 cups of hot water. Soak the foot for around 30 minutes.
Treatment for Osteoarthritis
Acetaminophen (Tylenol): has been shown to be as effective as nonsteroidal medication in treating the pain of knee osteoarthritis. Persons should keep their dose of acetaminophen to under 2000 milligrams a day as higher doses could cause kidney disease.
Gout Attacks Suddenly on the Joints, Mostly that Attacks on the Big Toe
The pain of gout is very scary and usually it takes place on the midnight and makes you feel painful and helpless. There are two options of gout treatment or for the prevention of gout. First option is prescribed drugs by the physician and second option you have is through the natural treatment. When gout attacks first time in your body then you should want to steer clear of the future gout attacks and want to prevent the complications and side effects of gout such as kidney stones and immobility of chronic degeneration of joints.
When Gout Attack Hit Your Joints Next It Creates Your Joint Red and Warmth
This usually happens when the level of uric acid increase in your blood. When all the symptoms of gout reveals then the doctor will recommend you gout treatment. This individual prescribed drug medicines or natural treatment for gout. He also can suggest you to dieting. According to the report of Centers for Disease Control approximately 3.3 million percent people in the United States of America suffering from this disease and mostly are the men.
- Although these drugs are a boon to many, they work mostly at masking the symptoms of arthritis and cannot reverse the damage already brought on.
- Most people thinks that is impossible, it isn't!
- But, in order to be effective, it must be raw, un-distilled, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
- The kind that has a sediment in the bottom of the bottle, called the 'mother.'
Apple Cider Vinegar as a Drink to Treat Gout in the Foot
For drinking, all you need to do is mix 2 to 3 teaspoons of vinegar into a large glass of water and stir thoroughly. Drink a glass 3 times per day. I can drink that no problem, but if you can't abide the taste, just add a little honey.
- Enter the COX-2 inhibitors.
- These have been designed for people whose stomach problems cannot put up with the above.
- Unfortunately the risks stay for chest pain, heart attack and stroke victims.
There are many gout remedies out there, including drug-based medicines, but here we are looking at using apple cider vinegar...
Stinging nettle and horsetail tea is very effective to decrease the particular uric acid Horseradish and parsley juices
High Blood Pressure - Top 3 Home Remedies
You can treat High Blood Pressure using the top 3 natural home remedies shown in this video. There are 7 more natural cures to lower the High BP at ...
Gout Treatment Through Prescribed Drugs or Medicine
You have the choice of prescribed drugs treatment or natural treatment and the combination of both of the treatment. Uric acid is founded in the urine and it is a by product of purine produced by the breakdown of protein cells. If the uric acid crystals are not diluted properly then these crystals makes its way into in the blood and then acquire in the joints. It is very painful; the immediate treatment of gout will be to overcome the serious pain, over the counter prescription drugs like Acetaminophen and also indomethacin. These two drugs are usually very useful and effective in order to overcome the pain and inflammation. As opposed to natural gout treatments the medicines works on different mechanism to reduce the level of uric acid in the blood, the drugs are called Uricosurics. Allopurinol and Cholchicine are the two famous medicines which usually decrease the uric acid level.
And getting rid of gout for good is very important because repeat gout attacks over an extended period can leave you with kidney issues and permanent joint damage. Plus, once getting suffered your first attack, you're today very much more likely to suffer a lot more.
For Advanced Arthritis-
For those suffering extreme pain and swelling the medical profession brings out the heavy artillery - Corticosteroids. These drugs contain synthetic cortisone and can be injected directly into the affected joints or taken orally.
Goutezol High Uric Acid ReliefGoutezol Gout Relief contains soothing herbal ingredients formulated to gently support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol includes only the best quality active ingredients that have been scientifically formulated to work synergistically for optimum results. Goutezol's active ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, help reducing high uric acid levels. Now they are all integrated into this unique gout formula. Reducing uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been shown to ease the flare-ups associated with gout.
Read More about This Product »
- Many gout sufferers have had success with this home remedy for gout.
- But whilst it can be effective, there are many other normal gout remedies that you can use.
- So get to know them in case apple cider vinegar just doesn't work for you personally.
But, to have the best possible chance of a gout cure, you need to understand a whole lot of other issues that can help to cause gout; for example, your diet, your weight, lifestyle, medications, underlying medical conditions, genealogy and family history, etc.
People with high blood pressure, those with kidney problems and especially people who have heart problems are especially at risk with NSAIDS.
- Osteoarthritis is often able to be diagnosed by its characteristic symptoms of pain, decreased movement and/or deformity.
- Osteoarthritis can be confirmed having an x-ray.
- Common x-ray findings include narrowing of the joint space between bones, a loss of cartilage material and also bone spurs or bone tissue growths.
Definitely Worth a Try!
About the author:Find out about the healthy way to take care of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and fibromylagia. Visit: http://www.natural-arthritis-medication.com and sign up for our part course. Wendy Owen is a health investigator and author.
There are two main reasons why you might have excessive uric acid and those are; your kidneys aren't working at full potential and so can't process and excrete the normal levels of acid your body produces, or, your body is actually creating too much for your normally healthy kidneys to deal with.
Osteoarthritis is caused by two main reasons: 1) Trauma to the joints and/or 2) a predominantly alkaline body chemistry. If you were to support a trauma to a given joint and that entire body part sustained misalignment and also damage; at some point that joint will wear out if specific measures are not taken.
Osteoarthritis - Cause Excess weight puts extra strain on the joints, particularly the large weight-bearing joints, such as the knees, hips, and balls of the feet. Experts estimate that every 1 lb (0.5 kg) of body weight means at least 3 lb (1.4 kg) of stress at the knee joint, and even more at the hip joint. Research has revealed that weight loss can decrease the symptoms of knee osteoarthritis or the chances of developing those symptoms.
- Whichever the reason, and it can be both working at the same time, you end up with excess uric acid in your blood.
- So you must reduce this excess if you are to be able to cure your gout in the foot.
Osteoarthritis Symptoms Joint pain in rainy weather Deep aching joint pain that gets a whole lot worse after exercise or putting weight about it and is relieved simply by rest
Also available mainly to Rheumatoid Arthritis sufferers are Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDS) These work by stopping the immune system from attacking the joints. DMARDS may take up to three months to reduce symptoms nevertheless they do help to stop joint damage despite the fact that they can not repair virtually any previous damage.
Natural Treatment for Gout
Vitamins and the herbs are very effective treatment for gout. Bromelain is also very effective in gout treatment because it is anti inflammatory derivative pineapple. Ascorbic acid is also very useful. If you are confused between gout natural treatments and traditional treatment then you should consult in order to your doctor. There are a few natural medications for gout treatment which decrease the level of uric acid in the blood. These remedies are as follows.
Soothing devil's claw and cleansing poke root, these herbs are also very effective for gout treatment
Associated diseases: the presence of other associated diseases, infections, diabetes, and various other kinds of circulating arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout
Birch leaf and celery as well as mustard are also very helpful to be able to flush out the uric acid through urine
- Of course we need effective pain medication for arthritis to enable sufferers to live normal lives.
- But are all these expensive medications controlling the disease or simply masking the symptoms?
- Here's a "quick and dirty" lowdown on what's currently available both "over the counter" (OTC) and on prescription only.
- For mild situations of arthritis -
Although there is little evidence for the effectiveness of complementary therapies in treating osteoarthritis, 60 percent of people with all forms of arthritis purchased or are using one type or another. If you have severe side-effects as a result of medication, you might find acupuncture or reflexology helpful in relieving soreness.
Natural treatments for arthritis do exist and can significantly stop some cases of arthritis, relieve pain and inflammation and in some cases, reverse joint damage.
- Biologics suppress the immune system which leaves people prone to infections.
- They are also very expensive and can't be stored without freezing.
Blood tests may be used to exclude other achievable conditions but they can't diagnose osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and is also known as degenerative joint disease. In this kind of arthritis, the cartilage that covers the ends of the bones that connect in the joint wears away, revealing the bone and causing pain. This condition may also entail a decrease in the amount of joint fluid, called synovial fluid, that cushions the joint, as well as changes in the ligaments and muscles that stabilize the joint.
- Caution You should only use these drugs if your doctor prescribed because many of the medicine have some major side effects.
- If you in the process of gout treatment then you need to drink at least 96 oz water daily.
- That may be all well and good, but even OTC medications can be dangerous if taken over a long period of time.
- The thought of more is better" may also happen when the pain gradually becomes worse.
- This can lead to serious side effects.
What is Primary Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis in its primary stage does not have any directly identifiable cause but is often posited as one of those diseases associated with aging. Scientific research suggests that chances for osteoarthritis become higher together age groups. This is because as one ages, water accumulates in the joints thereby affecting cartilage protein structure. As a result, cartilages in joint parts degenerate right up until eventually they become brittle and breakdown.
For More Advanced Arthritis-
By this kind of stage most people have consulted their doctor. Prescription medication at this time normally consists of the Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or perhaps NSAIDS. These do target the pain and swelling of arthritis symptoms but have a range of side effects including stomach upset, abdominal pain, and ulcers.
All begins with having higher-than-normal levels of uric acid in your body. Under these conditions -- known as hyperuricemia -- microscopic needle-like uric acid can form and be deposited in your joints, for example gout your foot.
Genetics: having a family history of osteoarthritis or perhaps congenital defects of joints, spine, or even leg abnormalities
Apple cider vinegar has been used down the years for all manner of afflictions, including gout, as well as has proved to be pretty effective.
- OTC medications include aspirin and ibuprofen.
- These kinds of medications can cause intestinal bleeding and kidney damage in large doses.
- Aspirin also damages vitamin C in the body leading to lower immunity.
Terms of gout, it is believed that, when drunk, apple cider vinegar changes your blood pH in a way that helps to alleviate high uric acid blood levels. But it is also being used to take care of the swelling and agonizing pain of gout, when applied directly to the affected area, e.g. gout in the foot.
Before discussing if apple cider vinegar can cure gout in the foot or not, we really need to get a good understanding of what causes gout in the first place...
So, to know how to prevent recurring gout from damaging your health, please go now in order to www.thegoutsite.com.