Honey Uric Acid: Natural Gout Remedies (Like Apple Cider Vinegar)
Natural Gout Remedies There a wide range of natural gout remedies, like apple cider vinegar, available to you. Just too many to be able to talk about here. But what I have done is to list 5 effective natural gout remedies that you can try in the home, in order to start off with. Yes, and I've incorporated apple cider vinegar!
- But you do need to prevent your uric acid rising again and causing you to have repeated gout attacks.
- You need to do this because of the dangers of permanently damaged joints and kidney problems associated with long term recurring gout.
- So there you have 5 natural gout remedies; apple cider vinegar, hot and cold compresses, celery seeds, vitamin c, and, B complex.
- Try them where appropriate and see the method that you get on.
Gout is considered a form of crystal deposition arthritis, and so the name, gouty arthritis. Uric acid, a chemical that is found in the serum component of our blood, is the key to understanding gout. Excessively high levels of uric acid lead to the deposition of monosodium urate uric acid into joints and also certain subcutaneous spaces in the body. To understand the way that acute gouty attacks occur, let's use a simple example;
Uric Acid is Measured in the Serum (Liquid) Component of Our Blood
Normal levels for men are a smaller amount that 7mg/dl of serum and slightly less for level of comfort. This level will rise in women following menopause. The vast majority of gout patients tend to be men.
More particularly, the study concluded that having 2 servings of cherry within the past 48 hours will lower the risk of a gout flare-up by as much as 50%. Now that is what scientists call a significant result. Using any amount of cherries or even the extract of cherries within the same period of 48 hours can lower the risk of continuing gout flare-ups by 40%.
- As you probably already know just your gout is caused by uric acid crystals that have formed in your joint(s).
- And also you probably also realize that these are formed when you have relatively high levels of uric acid in your blood.
For more information on how to get fast gout pain relief, plus, prevent your gout returning in the future, then go to http://gout-relief-today.blogspot.com and find out how you can quickly do both without expensive drugs with their horrible side effects.
Example - As children, we would make our own rock candy. We'd get a pot of water and begin to heat it on the stove. As the water warmed, we'd add sugar. The hotter the water became, the more sugar we could break up. When the water was close to a boil and saturated with sugar, we would remove it from the heat and allow the sugar to crystallize on a string as the water cooled.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is often a very popular natural gout remedy. When taken as a drink, apple cider vinegar works by altering body pH to help ease high uric acid levels in the blood.2 to 3teaspoons in a large glass of water x 3 times daily.
The Gout Treatment Report To stop this happening to you, please now go to the Gout Treatment Record where you'll also getthe facts ona devastatingly simple 2 hour remedy. Just click here.
Treatment of persistent attacks includes the modifications in diet as previously discussed and also the use of Allopurinal, an inhibitor of uric acid synthesis. Probenecid and sulfinpyrazone are also used to increase the end result of uric acid by the kidney. Dosing and combination therapy depends upon the level of serum uric acid which is calculated periodically throughout therapy. Individuals prone to gouty attacks should also maintain a high fluid intake to promote the excretion of uric acid and decrease the tendency to form uric acid stones in the kidney and bladder.
- But more and more gout victims find themselves being attracted to natural remedies for gout that can do everything that drugs can do.
- And devoid of the horrible side effects of those drugs.
- Add 1 tablespoon of seeds to 2 cups of water and also boil until the seeds are soft.
- Tension over seeds and drink 1/2 cup of the 'tea' 4 times a day.
Heavy red meats such as sausage liver, kidney, language, heart and extra foods which includes peanuts, alcoholic beverages, Dairy products including milk, ice cream and cottage cheese.
- And not only dissolve the crystals, but also help raise the solubility of uric acid itself, and, maximise body fluids volume.
- This really helps to excrete uric acid more effectively out of your body, thus helping to lower your overall uric acid levels.
Acute Gouty Attacks Occur in Much the Same Manner
Most acute gouty assaults occur in the late hours of the night. As we sleep, our bodies tend to focus on the primary metabolic functions for example digestion, breathing, etc. The extremities, such as the feet tend to cool as a result of this kind of 'lack of attention'. As they cool, as well as if the dissolved amount of uric acid is high sufficient, the result will be an acute gouty strike. Pain results from the crystals that form within a joint. Range of motion of the joint results in severe pain and inflammation.
The study set out to find if there is virtually any truth in this age old believe and found that by eating approximately 20 cherries (1 cup or 2 servings) every day, gout patients can minimize the risk of suffering from gout attacks.
- Dissolving gout crystals won't require drugs, you can break up them naturally.
- Here, you'll find a secret way to get rid of gout crystals using a simple grocery product.
- Vitamin B Complex B complex is yet another successful natural gout remedy in which a lot of people don't know about.
- It works by converting uric acid into a variety of otherwise harmless parts.
Use a very hot compress for 3 minutes then a cold for 30 seconds. Always finish on cold. Celery Seeds These have great anti-inflammatory properties and so can be a very effective natural gout treatment, since very many sufferers can testify in order to.
One of the reasons why cherries are usually such a good gout treatment is because it has high numbers of antioxidants and anthocyanins, which are both beneficial to the body. Anthocyanins are antioxidant flavonoids that help in protecting the human body from damage. It is also one of the components of cherries that made the fruit extremely beneficial for patients with inflammatory diseases such as gout.
Note: The seeds are a diuretic so avoid this remedy if you are pregnant or have any kidney problems whatsoever.
Now there are many natural ways to help do this, but your diet -- bear in mind purines in food above? -- and other things like your lifestyle, weight, family history, and so forth. must all be addressed as well, if you are to stop further gout attacks using inherent dangers.
- Symptoms: The symptoms of gout usually show up at night and are available on like a freight train.
- The weight of the bed sheets is often intolerable.
- One joint or several may be required.
- The most common site is the very first metatarsal phalangeal joint (big toe joint).
- This is called crushing and excruciating.
- Attacks have a tendency to last several days.
- Used topically, it can help to reduce inflammation and soreness. 1/2 cup vinegar in 3 cups of hot water.
- Soak affected area (most probably the foot) for around 30 minutes.
The study itself is a confirmation of the number of years belief that cherries help to keep inflammatory conditions in check.
- Suggested doses are usually 1 to 3 x 50mg complete B intricate each day.
- But check with your doctor to make sure this is okay for you.
- Ensure that the vinegar you useis the natural, un-distilled, unpasteurized vinegar with the sediment (mother) in the bottom.
- Hot and Cold Compresses
Natural Remedies For Gout - No More Pain & Inflammation Gout has been plaguing people every single decade. Currently over 5 million people in the usa suffer this condition. Hippocrates referred to it as the disease of kings because it affected individuals who take rich food.There are good free...
- The above remedy has been shown to be effective, yet, is really only of use during an attack.
- You really don't want to be taking it once the attack has abated as well as the crystals have been wiped out.
- It has too much sodium for that.
- Zhang also said that eating more than 2 servings does not provide more protection than that associated with eating 2 servings of cherries.
- For individuals who tried to take more than 2 servings, the benefit was just the same as with eating 2 servings only.
Treatment of Gout and Gouty Arthritis
The most significant thought in treatment is the frequency of attacks. Frequent attacks (more as compared to one a year) will result in progressive erosion of the shared, leading to painful longterm arthritis. Isolated attacks (less that one a year) lead to small destruction of the joint. The frequency of gouty attacks determines whether treatment is merely for each attack, or whether daily treatment should be taken to lower levels of serum uric acid.
A recent study conducted at the Boston University School of Medicine, it was found that consuming cherries could prevent gout attacks. The study has been conducted on 633 individuals who have problems with gout. They were asked to consume about 20 cherries daily. It has long been considered that cherries help in keeping inflammatory conditions associated with arthritis in check. For decades, many gout sufferers have been eating cherries as part of their daily diet so that you can help them ease the symptoms of systemic gout flare-ups and to prevent it.
Another reason is that aside from its anti-inflammatory properties, it also reduces the uric acid levels in the body, which is one of the major causes of gout. High uric acid levels cause the formation of crystal deposits in the joints, bringing on the pain associated with the disease.
- Important: Never take more than the equivalent of 4 teaspoons of baking soda in a 24 hour period.
- And, since it is very high in sodium, change to a low-sodium diet and stop putting salt on or in your food.
- Plus, if you suffer from high blood pressure, see your doctor for their advice before trying this remedy.
Here's the Way to Dissolve Your Gout Crystals Using Baking Soda..
Thoroughly mix 1/2 tsp. of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) in a large glass of water. Drink 1 glass before bedtime, a glass in the morning, and a glass every 2 - 4 hours among meals. Follow this particular routine daily until your gout symptoms abate.
Chris Randon is a nutritional expert specialized in human health, and is based in Los angeles, Carlifornia.
About the Researcher
Joe McArthur has been doing extensive research about gout therapy. His life time research on finding ways and means to cure gout will be found at http://gouttreatmentblog.net/.
Vitamin C Studies have shown that vitamin C can help your kidneys excrete uric acid more efficiently and also help to actually lower uric acid levels. This is why it's like an effective natural gout remedy.
And So to Mainstream Medical Treatment
There are drugs to reduce inflammation as well as lowering pain that do that very well. But they don't break up gout uric acid. However, there are other drugs that, while they cannot in fact 'dissolve' crystals, can reduce uric acid levels in your blood.
- So, what's this 'secret' natural remedy for dissolving gout crystals?
- It really is baking soda.
- Yes, the baking soda you may well have in a kitchen cupboard can dissolve the uric acid crystals.
- Many people don't know about this kind of natural gout remedy.
- Alternating hot and cold can help to reduce pain and swelling and to help break-up crystals in the joints.
How to Drink Baking Soda, The Natural Remedy Drinking Baking Soda For Health
Cancer and Baking Soda with Tullio Simoncini: https://youtu.be/hV6uePyATC4 Simple demo on how to drink baking soda. Marcus Guiliano is the chef & owner ...
- Thus, eating the right kinds of food, especially the consumption of 1 cup of cherries regularly, helps in keeping gout attacks at bay.
- The study proves that cherries are among the best natural gout treatments designed for gout patients.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit, especially oranges, tangerines, etc., and you could take it in supplement form.
- Don't take too much although, because any kind of abrupt change in uric acid can actually trigger a gout attack.
- But did you know that uric acid is actually a byproduct of the metabolizing process that goes on in your body?
- Cells in your body have chemical compounds called 'purines' that produce uric acid.
- But purines also occur in your food, which is important, as you'll see below.
- Those who have suffered from gout can testify to the fact that it is one of the most painful conditions imaginable.
- For those who have not suffered from gout yet, pray that it does not happen to you.
- But for both those who know and those who don't there is some good news.
- Researchers found that cherries can be one of the best gout treatments available to you.
- The research showed that cherries can certainly help alleviate the pain associated with gout attacks.
And you also need to be aware that recurring gout can, in time, leave you with kidney problems, high blood pressure, and even permanently damaged joints. Plus, when you have had even one attack, you're now very more likely to have more.
Differential Diagnosis: The differential diagnosis for this condition should include;- fracture osteoarthritis infection of the shared rheumatic fever
Gouty Arthritis can be Visualize about X-Rays After Several Attacks
The bone adjacent to the joint becomes eroded with a characteristic punched out lesion referred to as a Martel's Sign or 'rat bite sign'. The erosion is very distinctive and represents a pocket of gouty tophi. Tophi are the deposition of monosodium uric acid crystals. Tophi are often found in joints but are often found at extensor surface (back) of the elbow, the rim of the ear and at the back of the heel. When viewed surgically, tophi appear to have the same consistency of cottage cheese.
Long Term Difficulty With Recurring Gout
The other thingto be aware of though, is that there are many other issues that you need to address in order to successfully prevent your gout returning time and time again. Things such as diet, weight, lifestyle issues, etc.
First though, before we know how to get rid of gout crystals naturally, it's probably best when we consider the cause of gout, and, why you may not want to use drug-based treatment options in order to cure your gout.
- High numbers of uric acid result from high levels of intake or low levels of removal of purines.
- The inability to metabolize purines may be inherited or acquired.
- Purines are protein components in food which are simply commonly inside the next foods;
Individuals Who Have Had Serious Gouty Attacks Should Limit Their Intake of These Foods
This does not mean that they need to entirely remove all of them from their diets, but rather consume them with small amounts. The serum level of uric acid is also significantly influenced by the ability of the kidney to be able to excrete uric acid. Factors that influence normal renal function may bring about limited excretion of uric acid. These factors include the use of thiazide diuretic therapy and renal failure. Other factors that may contribute to the onset of gout include the stress of surgery, emotional anxiety, exhaustion, infection or the use of penicillin.
- Treatment of acute attacks includes the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as Indocin or Clinoril.
- Control of pain may require a mild narcotic such as codeine.
- Other treatment may include Colchicine which yields extraordinary results but carries severe side effects which include nausea and severe diarrhea.
- Colchicine is dosed once every a couple of hours until the desired (or undesired) effects are usually achieved.
- According to one of the researchers, Yuqing Zhang, MD, one serving of cherries alone did not provide longer term help.
- Be all you need to say, individuals who ate only 1 serving of cherries (approximately 10 cherries) were not able to experience the positive effects.
About the author:Jeffrey A. Oster, DPM, C.Ped is a board certified foot and ankle surgeon. Dr. Oster is also board certified in pedorthics. Dr. Oster is medical director of Myfootshop.com and is in active practice in Granville, Ohio.