Tips on Preventing Gout
The major cause of gout is the accumulation of uric acid in the joints. The uric acid is a chemical that is a natural part of the normal breakdown and build up of food in body tissues. The level of uric acid may be found and measured in the blood.
- The condition where there is a rise in blood's uric acid level is called hyperuricaemia.
- With the presence of such condition it is no wonder that uric acid crystals are formed in the joints.
- These crystals are responsible for the inflammation known as gouty arthritis or acute gout.
- Gout usually assaults people in whose uric acid level has always been above normal.
- There are various reasons why uric acids level increases in the body:
The Higher Than Normal Uric Acid Amounts May be Inherited in Some Families
Obesity was also found to cause gout attacks
Replace Colchicine & Allopurinol by Herbs
Replace gout medicine, like Colchicine, Allopurinol, Indomethacin by medicinal gout herbs. http://www.acutegouttreatment.com And get your life back! People ...
High Alcohol and Caffeine Intake
High intake of food that contains purines
Some drugs utilized to treat high blood pressure and long standing kidney diseases
The first step for gout is to correct the factors that increase the levels of uric acid in the body. Sufferers must also work in order to refrain from consuming purine rich foods since these substances are found in order to contain a large amount of uric acid.
Here are Foods High in Purines and to be Avoided:
Organ meat products such as liver, kidneys, tripe, sweetbreads and tongue,
Excessive Amounts of Red Meat, Shellfish, Fish Roe and Scallops,
Peas, lentils and also beans,
Facts and Fallacies about Home remedies for Gout So much has been said and written about home remedies for gout, it may often lead people into confusion as to what is true and what is not. Let us tackle some matters about gout and separate each fact from the fallacy:Facts:There are no...
- Alcohol and caffeine intakes should be reduced.
- A glass of beer a day or a smaller amount is recommended
Crash Diets Should Also be Avoided
Some drugs for high blood pressure may need to be altered or adjusted.
- An important aspect of treating gout is lowering the uric acid levels.
- There are some drugs that may reduce the uric acid level in the body.
- However, it should be noted that these drugs only temporarily treat symptoms of gout and should not be taken over a long-term basis.
- The dosage is based on the level of uric acid found in the body.
- Regular check ups are required in order to arrive at the maintenance dosage that may prevent recurrent gout attacks.
- As long as the level of uric acid continues to be lower than the normal any symptoms of gout are a remote possibility.
- Provided of course that medication is continued.
- Some drugs work by increasing elimination of uric acid with the kidney while others just hinder the organization of uric acid in the first place.
Likewise, it is important for patients using medications to be able to realize that during the first few months of treatment, it is still possible to have gout attacks, however severe gouty attacks are lessened.
Some of the complications of number of years and serious cases of gout are build up of uric acid salts that could appear around the affected joint and also in tissues in the earlobes. These uric acid salts are chalk colored nodules, and are also called tophi. The presence of uric acid salts is actually an indication further treatment is needed.
Visit the Nail Care Ideas website to learn about cutting dogs nails and yellowish toe nails