Rheumatoid Arthritis Medicine
Chronic inflammatory disease that causes joint swelling, pain and stiffness is called rheumatoid arthritis also known as RA. Do not confuse RA with another form of arthritis known as osteoarthritis. RA is caused by an autoimmune disorder where as osteoarthritis is because of the wear and tear we put on our own joints as we age.
Is important to understand that rheumatoid arthritis is caused by our immune system targeting cells in our joints that are not invaders, but are seen as such by the immune system. This is why it is called an autoimmune disease, it simply means that our body is attacking itself.
There is no cure for arthritis, but you can find treatments that you can use to alleviate the pain associated with it so that you can have a pain and ache free happy lifestyle. The usage of rheumatoid arthritis treatments is of great benefit. We are going to look at a few of the different types available to you.
When it comes to finding the right remedies to help you, you need to be aware that there are only four different categories of arthritis medicines.
These are usually pain killers, NSAIDs, glucocorticoids (or steroids) and anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Most often these rheumatoid arthritis medicines are used in conjunction with one another therefore it is very important that you talk to your doctor about your own treatment options.
- The first line of medicines that are usually prescribed will be the NSAIDs which are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory.
- They are used to treat the inflammation and pain associated with the inflammation.
- They do not prevent or stop any damage to the joint.
- We all know these medicines they will include: Aspirin, Anacin, Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) to be able to name a few.
- These are overthecounter medicines (OTC) that have been around for a long time.
Remedies for GoutGoutezol Gout Relief is formulated with all natural herbs created to gently support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol contains the highest quality active ingredients that have been scientifically developed to work for optimal results. Goutezol's ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, helping in reducing high uric acid levels. Now they are all combined into this special gout formula. Minimizing uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been proven to ease the symptoms related to gout.
Learn More about This Product »
- They usually are taken orally, every four to six hours.
- Depending on the strength of the medicine and the period of the RA will determine the effectiveness of the OTC medicines.
There are also prescriptions NSAIDs and these include: Feldene, Flurbiprofen, Relafen, Voltaren and Clinoril to name a few. Doctors have also found that using COX2 inhibitors which block the production of COX-2 enzymes selectively help reduce the inflammation and provide effective relief with few side effects. The most popular is of course Celebrex.
Get Treatment With This Diet For Gout An excruciating type of arthritis, gout is a situation where you will find surplus levels of uric acid in your body. The uric acid in turn is converted into crystals that start and grow close to one s joints, resulting in the pain you get when you...
Most often it is the NSAIDs used in conjunction with the DMARDs to achieve efficient alleviation. The DMARDs stop the development of cells in the immune system that causes pain and swelling. The DMARDs offers the many hope to RA sufferers, because if the disease is caught early sufficient and these medications tend to be started early it can put RA into remission.
DMARDs are all only available by prescription and a few of their names are: Imuran, Arava, Methotrexate, Hydroxchloroquine and Sulfasalazine. In order to use these medicines they all require blood work to be done to evaluate the possible side effects. Depending on the medicine and the route that it is used both orally or inserted will dictate the type of side effects that you experience with the DMARDs.
9 Foods For Gout - Best Foods For Gout
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com Here are 9 foods that may have the potential to assist with gout.
There have been many concerned patients that have taken these medicines that have worried about the side effects and the long term effect the medicine could have on them.
Studies over the years have shown that DMARDs are incredibly successful in treating RA and that the side effects associated with any of the rheumatoid arthritis medicines are uncommon, part of this is due to the fact that there are frequent tests performed to monitor and control the risk of any kind of side effect. In the beginning DMARDs were thought to only be good for short term remedy, however now they are thought to be one of the best long terms treatment options patients have.
The Next Set of Medications in Order to Look At that Treat RA is the Steroids
Also called the actual corticosteroids, these are only used for extreme cases of inflammation as well as sever pain. Prednisone is the most commonly used steroid. Prednisone can be taken orally or by injection into the joint. Prednisone is normally titrated up in dosage when taken orally and needs to be titrated down. It never recommended that thoughts is broken put on a steroid treatment that you just stop it.
- Steroids also come with their own set of side effects that make most patients unhappy, including weight gain and what is known as the "moon face".
- These side effects generally go away after stopping the medicine.
- Prednisone is very effective though in helping alleviated pain and swelling in extreme cases.
- There are many options available to people who are suffering from RA.
- Your options range from over the counter medicines to be able to prescriptions.
- The majority of have minimal side effects and also are effective.
- Talk to your doctor and plan the treatment together.