Natural Remedies for Gout
Gout is a form of joint inflammation that is caused by excess uric acid in the body. This happens due to poor diet, stress and not enough sleep. Gout causes a sudden and severe pain - you'll notice the skin over the affected joint is usually red and glossy. Often times, gout attacks come on as quickly as overnight.
Men between 30 and 50 yrs old are mostly affected by gout, for pre menopausal women, the uric acid level is lower, but after age 50 uric acid tends to increase along with the increase of gout situations.
- Primarily, gout affects one and sometimes two joints at a time; more often it attacks the feet and ankles.
- Even without healing, this subsides for about a week.
- It takes months or years before it results, during this time attacks become more frequent and more severe, more joints are now involved.
- And when gout becomes chronic, the damage to the joint is deforming and crippling.
Can Gout be Cured Naturally?
Curing gout naturally takes time, especially if a body has accumulated toxins over a lifetime, but it will be well worth the effort. Cleansing your system of accumulated toxins promotes proper functioning of your body and puts you on the road to natural good health.
Here's What You can Do:
Maintain a healthy weight and diet. It is not recommended being 30 pounds (or more) overweight, as this increases the risk of gout.
Loose Weight If You Need to
By losing pounds you reduce the pressure on weight-bearing joints as well as lower uric acid levels. You don't want to use practices which encourage rapid weight loss such as fasting as it can raise the uric acid level temporarily.
- Avoid excessive eating of high protein foods.
- It is suggested for a person to eat no more than six oz. of trim meat, fish as well as poultry, especially those who already have gout.
- A high-protein meals increases the blood level of uric acid.
Natural Treatment for Gout
Eating simple and natural food within proper combination as well as planning helps your body restore and maintain radiant well being. The best diet for those who have gout is 80 percent raw food or perhaps if possible organic food; included in this are live foods like sprouts, wheat grass, and fresh picked garden salads, and more grains, fruits and vegetables in place of protein.
- The protein you need can come from non-animal food sources like legumes, such as beans, peas and lentils.
- Nuts are also essential as well as can include almonds, apricot nuts, and hazelnuts, as well as seeds such as hemp seed kisses, flax, and sesame.
Substance in some foods known as purines is a danger to be able to gout patients and should be limited or avoided as much as possible.
The Foods that Contain Excessive Levels of Purines Include,
Organ meats such as liver, brain, kidney, tongue, tripe, and sweetbread.
Anchovies, Herring and Mackerel
Meats, poultry, fish, shellfish, fish roe, scallops.
Peas, lentils, and beans although they have small amounts of purines, they should still be avoided by people suffering from gout.
Balancing the particular pH in a person's body is a crucial factor in curing gout; appropriate pH produces a healthy immune system and also internal environment. Healing of chronic illness happens when the blood is restored to normal or slightly alkaline pH.
- Exercise is yet another essential for curing discomfort caused by gout.
- Stretching increases and maintains a range of motion in the joints and helps to reinforce and stabilize them.
- This increases the stamina and stamina of our bodies total.
Reducing recurring use of joint parts, and avoiding sports injuries by including appropriate warm-ups tend to be also important, as it picking suitable sports equipment regarding exercising.
Another way is treat gout naturally will be to avoid alcoholic beverages; consuming too much alcohol like beer inhibits the excretion of uric acid and can lead to gout. It is advised for the male to have two drinks of alcoholic beverages per day, one drink per day for women. It is best for a person who is having a gout attack to refrain from drinking alcohol.
Drinking water and is also a natural way of curing gout because it has the ability to dilute uric acid in both blood and urine.
Does Cherry Juice Cure Gout? It Worked For Me!
I've bartended many years and have been drinking after work many years. One morning I woke up with incredible pain in my right big toe. It was gout. Too much ...
Find tips about alaskan king crab legs and also aquarium crabs at the Catching Crabs site.