How Custom Orthotics Helps in Gout Pain
Could improper footwear be contributing to increased pain in gout patients? Gout causes severe pain and swelling in the joints with the majority of cases affecting the feet. Unfortunately this inflammation can lead to misshapen joints making it difficult to find shoes that feel good. Often gout patients will resort to sandals, flip-flops, moccasins and ill fitting sneakers in an attempt to find comfort. These poor footwear choices may actually cause an increase in gout pain as they lack good support and stability. A recent study from the University of Oxford in Auckland, New Zealand found that gout patients who chose these types of footwear experienced moderate to severe foot pain, disadvantages and disability compared with those who made good footwear alternatives.
- More than half of the patients in the study wore footwear that was 12 months or older and showed excessive wear patterns.
- Choosing better footwear can make a difference in gout pain.
- Colcrys prescription can also help by blocking irritation as well as relieving a gout attack, usually within 12-24 hours.
- Combine this with a trip to the shoe store and you may be walking without pain before you know it.
- Who Should Use Custom Orthotics?
- Custom orthotics are a great way to customize your shoes without needing to purchase a new pair.
A brief Discussion on Gout Gout is a very painful disease which mainly attacks the joints of your body. One should be careful enough if he is suffering from gout attack because sometimes it results full damage to the body. Leading a simple and restricted life would be a wise...
Take a Stand on Gout: Gout Patient Care in the ER
They are fantastic for the following: Everyday walking or around-the-house use Desk or office jobs with minimal walking Jobs that require a lot of walking Athletic performance Unfortunately, off the shelf inserts may be insufficient for individuals who have lifts in their shoes, for those that have suffered some forms of spinal cord or back injuries or even have other severe physical issues. Custom fit orthotics are a valuable progression in the field of shoe technology and manufacturing. We use our feet on a daily basis, and it pays to do all we can to improve their health and performance.