Gout is a form of arthritis that often occurs in the middle of the night, sudden targeting your joints with a deep, persistent pain. The pain of gout often results from needle-like crystals of uric acid formed in the body's connective tissue or perhaps in the joints.
- Gout was once called the 'disease of kings' because it was associated with wealthy males who overindulged in rich food and drink.
- King Henry VIII of England, who was grossly overweight, suffered from debilitating gout.
- Usually there is swelling, redness and often a burning sensation together with moderate to severe pain.
- Often the pain is crippling for the individual.
You can opt to carefully watch what you eat and maintain your body weight to an ideal level. If you do not want to be able to ever experience the intolerable pain caused by this kind of arthritis, you must know what types of foods are low in purines.
Preventing Gout Attacks with Diet
Subscribe to Dr. Greger's free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO ...
- Gout is mainly caused as a result of improper and unhealthy diet pattern.
- Do you know how to treat gout by following a healthy diet in your life?
- If not, listen carefully to the following ways which can overcome your disease effectively without any treatments.
For your gout diet you will need to keep a food diary for at least two weeks and write down everything you eat in order to see the foods you are eating on a regular basis to figure out where the purines in your diet are coming from. Once you have a record of this you can sit down and see where changes can be made in order to avoid have the symptoms in the first place.
- Foods that are high in purines and full of proteins exuberates a chance for gout attacks.
- Low- purine diet not only reduces the production of uric acid, it also assists with weight control.
- Obesity burdens the joints and increases pain and inflammation.
Different varieties of tomato also vary in pH level. Cherry tomatoes are the most citrus with a pH of 4.0, Beefsteak 4.6, Roma and also Vita Gold 5.1, and Super Marzano coming in at the most alkaline at 5.2.